A Highly motivated and committed individual with a full understanding of the agricultural life and an ability to problem solve. Hardworking and energetic in all aspects of the job. I have many years experience in the livestock and arable areas.
PA1, PA2, PA4s, CS30.1, CS30.2, telehandler, DIY AI, Safe use of medicine, Welfare of animals in transit (cattle, sheep, pigs, horses, goats)
Full Car Licence
Tractor, Combine, Ploughing, Drilling, PA1, PA2, Telehandler/Fork Lift, Fencing
Dairy, Beef, Pig, Sheep, Lambing, Calving
Fertiliser spreading, Hay and silage making, Combine using Claas 580, Drill using Vaderstad Rapid 400. Spray using trailed JD 832.
Many years experiance with dairy cows. Milking, TMR, Calving, AI. Routine sheep tasks including fly treatment, worming and foot trimming.
non smoker. Availability is flexible. Please note I have a one month notice period in my current role.
Partner, 36mth old son, two collie dogs
Dec 2013 Present Assistant Farm Manager , Tonbridge, Kent
•Responsibility for the day to day operation of the college farm reporting to a consultant farm manager.
•350acres of mainly grass. 120 10000lt all year round calving dairy cows, 500 Mule and Suffolk X ewes, 22 sows and 1200 chickens.
•Tractor operations undertaken include hay and silage making, carting, muck spreading, cultivations and fertiliser spreading.
•Responsible for purchasing feeds etc. sale of stock and record keeping.
•Responsible for the organising of contractors when required for silage making, muck spreading and hedge cutting.
Feb 2013 Dec 2013 Tractor Driver/Relief Milker, Tonbridge, Kent
• Responsible for all the tractor driving and maintenance.
• All Aspects of relief milking including AI, calving, treatments and record keeping.
• Assisting with the sheep including worming and fly prevention.
• Fencing and other general tasks.
Feb 2010 Feb 2013. Tractor Driver, West Sussex
• Responsible for ploughing, drilling, spraying and combining on 2000 acres across several farms.
• Responsible for the maintenance of that machinery.
• Variable seed rate drilling using Greenstar
• Cutting back, Rabbit fencing and field drainage work.
Sept 2009 Feb 2010 Self-employed.
• Whilst waiting to join Sentry I took on relief milking for two local farms
• Tractor driving for a local contractor
• Various other jobs on local farms.
Jun 2004 Sept 2009 Tractor driver/stockman Oxted, Surrey
• 600 acres of arable and grassland.
• Responsible for all the tractor driving including ploughing, drilling, spraying, fertiliser spreading, hay and silage making. • Combine driving.
• Responsible for the feeding and yard work for the 160 dairy cows and followers.
• Some relief milking
Nov 2003 Jun 2004 Herdsman. Ide Hill, Kent
• Responsible for milking, calf rearing, feeding, Record keeping and other stock tasks associated with the 240 cow dairy herd. Jan 2000 Nov 2003 Herdsmen, Limpsfield, Surrey
• Responsible for 160 dairy cows on a day to day basis.
• Milking, Feeding, Record keeping, AI, Foot trimming and calf rearing.
Oct 1997 Jan 2000 Tractor Driver/Relief milker Limpsfield, Surrey
• Responsible for tractor driving and maintenance. Ploughing, Drilling and fertiliser spreading.
• Daily stock tasks including feeding the cows • Relief milking
Jun 1995 Sept 1996 Middle Year Placement Littlebourne, Kent
• Assisted with 100 suckler cows
• Tractor driving including ploughing and fertiliser spreading.
Start: 04/11/2021 Finish: Not Specified
South & South East