Experienced and hard working all-round farmer with a passion for livestock farming looking for a new challenge. Happy to relocate for the right opportunity.
City and Guilds
City & Guilds level 2 award in - Principles of safe handling and application of pesticides - Safe application of pesticides using self propelled, mounted and trailed horizontal boom sprayers - Safe application of pesticides using pedestrian hand held equipment.
Full Car Licence
Tractor, Baler, Ploughing, PA1, PA2, Tracked Machine, Telehandler/Fork Lift, Other harvesters, Fencing
Beef, Goat, Sheep, Lambing, Calving
* Experience driving a variety of tractors. * Able to carry out tractor maintenance, servicing and repairs. * Experienced with land preparation using both tractors and a tracked CAT Challenger (300HP) which had a Trimble GPS system. * Experience using both one-way and two-way ploughs. * Experienced in all aspects of bailing including mowing, raking and bailing. * Experience driving a forage harvester for silage production. * Experienced with a variety of implements e.g fertiliser spreader, feed wagon, muck spreader etc. * Competent repairing and putting up new fences. * Obtained my certificate in basic forklift training in 2012 (England). * Competent in the use of a chainsaw. * Proficient in the use of a welder and grinder. * Experienced in the management, maintenance and repair of central irrigation pivots as well as flood irrigation systems.
* Broad ranging experience with all livestock through Weston Agricultural College and growing up on a mixed livestock farm where I had my own small herd of boar goats, sheep and cattle. * Work experience on two dairy farms milking 200 Holsteins through a herringbone parlour and 800 Holsteins on a rotary system. * Experienced with horses and proficient rider. * Experience with free range layer hens and rearing geese and turkeys till slaughter. * Experience in all aspects of sheep production including foot trimming, shearing and lambing. * Managed a beef farm with a herd of 500 Afrikaner cross cows plus replacement heifers and bulls. Involved in all aspects of animal husbandry including injecting, branding, de-horning, castrating and calving. * Currently employed as a stockman on a beef and sheep hill farm.
Other references can be provided if needed including a written reference from my previous employer in South Africa.
British partner, young daughter (1 year old) and well behaved pet dog.
Enjoy the outdoors including walking, fishing and hunting. Also enjoy rugby.
Fit and healthy, no health complaints.
I have been working in the farming industry for the last thirteen years both in South Africa and England. I grew up on a mixed beef and sheep farm in South Africa and attended an agricultural school where education was centred around farming. Since February 2016 I have been working as a stockman on a mixed livestock hill farm in the Peak District with 400 cattle and 800 sheep. The farm buys in calves and rears them to finishing.
Prior to this I was the farm manager of a two thousand hectare extensive beef farm in South Africa running a herd of 500 Afrikaner cross cows plus replacement heifers and bulls as well as large quantities of game.
My current role is very hands on and involves getting involved in all aspects of the day to day running of the farm. I am very passionate about livestock farming and beef farming in particular. I am hard working and practical with a positive can-do attitude. I am able to use my own initiative and am happy to work alone or as part of a team.
I possess the following skills and experience:
• Experience managing a large herd of beef cattle and excellent cattle husbandry skills.
• Experience with other livestock including a large herd of sheep.
• Competent tractor driver and machinery operator.
• Mechanically minded and able to carry out servicing, maintenance and repairs.
• Pasture and irrigation management experience.
• Experienced in all aspects of land preparation.
• Full clean UK driving licence.
Additional references including a written reference from my time in South Arica are availiable on request.
Start: 01/10/2021 Finish: Not Specified
Happy to relocate. Used to and enjoy working in remote locations. Partner can work remotely.