I currently work for a local contractor, but I feel like skillset and development is not going to progress any further, so I am looking to move on. I am seeking employment on either a dairy, beef or arable farm within Somerset.
City and Guilds
Mainly Arable, Mainly Livestock, Mixed Farming
Level 3 Technical Diploma in Agriculture, Level 3 Diploma in Animal Management, Level 2 Award in Agricultural Tractor Driving & Related Operations (MO1), Level 2 Award in Rough Terrain Telescopic Forklift Driving & Related Operations, Level 2 Certificate in Work Skills, Level 2 Certificate in Health and Safety in the Workplace,
Full Car Licence, Tractor Licence
Tractor, Baler, Ploughing, Telehandler/Fork Lift, Fencing
Dairy, Sheep, Lambing, Calving
- Modern John Deere and Fendt tractors
- JCB 414 loading shovel
- JCB telehandlers
- Silage, grain and bale hauling using a variety of trailers
- Spreading farmyard manure using Rolland rear discharge spreaders and West 2000 side discharge spreaders
- Umbilical slurry spreading using Storth and SlurryKat equipment as well as a Brand slurry agitator
- Grass raking using Kuhn single and twin rotor rakes and a Claas Liner four rotor rake
- Grass tedding using a Claas Volto
- Conventional square baling with a John Deere 459
- Large square baling with a Massey Ferguson 2140
- Square bale wrapping with a McHale 998
I have gained previous experience of working with stock through my Level 3 course at college and previous employment on a dairy farm. Although my experience is still limited due to only working within the agricultural industry for two years, I am keen to continue to learn more and develop my skills to the best of my ability in order to complete required tasks to a professional manner.
Not married, but seeing someone who will potentially live with me in the future.
My main activities outside of work consist of walking and mountain biking. I enjoy seeking out new places to explore as well as revisiting favourite locations.
5ft 11 and of slim build
2017-2018: Studying Level 3 Technical Diploma in Agriculture
October 2018 - February 2019: 300 cow dairy farm in Somerset. Roles included milking, scraping and general yard and farm maintenance
February 2019 - Present: Agricultural contracting with roles including - Operating John Deere and Fendt tractors, a JCB 414 loading shovel, muck spreading, umbilical slurry spreading, grass raking and tedding, conventional and large square baling, square bale wrapping as well as hauling grain, silage and bales.
Start: 22/11/2020 Finish: Not Specified
I am preferably looking looking to move out of Dorset and gain employment and residence within Somerset. However I am open to discussions.