Are you looking for your next move to a company who cares about its people? Are you an
experienced Livestock Manager looking for your next challenge? Then we would love to hear from
We have an excellent opportunity to join and lead our Livestock Team, reporting into the Farm
Manager this is an exciting opportunity to be involved in a fast paced, forward thinking team!
What will the role involve?
- Planning and implementing breeding programmes
- Implementing new technology which minimises cost and enhances yield.
- Recruiting and managing staff and ensuring they work safely and effectively.
- Helping develop and monitor budgets
- Monitoring the health and welfare of the livestock
- Ensuring the farm is compliant with various legal guidelines and working to minimise the environmental impact of the business, for instance Red tractor farm assurance.
- Keeping records on the movements of all livestock in to and out from the farm
- Willingness to accept new concepts
- Marketing and selling the livestock to a variety of customers.
- Negotiating with suppliers
What are we looking for?
We are a team, so you will need a great team working ethos with the ability to motivate and develop
Attention to detail Not only in animal welfare but also in record keeping
Communication is key - with your colleagues, suppliers and customers
You must have proven experience of successfully managing livestock.
Finish: Not Specified
A three bedroom house, close to good local schools. Farm vehicle and 4% matching pension.
Full UK Driving Licence
This is a permanent and full time role within a growing and forward thinking organisation. You'll be working within a supportive team in a beautiful part to the country. Ideal for someone looking to relocate for work with their family.