We are recruiting for an experienced farm technician to join the team at our Farm near
Blairgowrie in Perthshire. The exact role created will be dependent on experience of the individual, so we encourage
anyone with relevant farming experience to apply.
We supply hard fighting, high quality re-stocking triploid Rainbow (including fish through to double figures 10lb+), Blue and Brown trout across Scotland.
Our company has the following aims:
To produce the highest quality re-stocking and on-growing trout in Scotland.
To deliver the best customer service.
The successful candidate will be expected to:
• Assist in feeding the fish.
• Support in the daily tracking of fish health.
• Monitor fish behaviour.
• Maintain a high standard of animal welfare.
• Ensuring biosecurity measures are maintained.
• Provide exceptional customer service.
• Assist in routine farm operations (grading, deliveries, transfers etc.).
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
Our team prides itself on our professionalism and are looking for individuals who fit the following description:
• A keen interest in aquaculture or animal biology.
• Able to work independently using initiative as well as being an effective team player.
• Familiar with Microsoft Office programs such as Excel, Word and Outlook.
• Hold a full, clean driving licence (preferably also with trailer licence).
• Great attention to detail and able to take on new tasks with confidence.
• Able to be reactive in the event of unforeseen situations.
• Excellent communication skills and enthusiasm.
• Can work confidently and think rationally under pressure.
• Experience with quality schemes such as GlobalGAP, Quality Trout UK and Freedom Foods is an advantage.
• Willing to work flexible hours under all weather conditions.
Finish: Not Specified
Full UK Driving Licence