Roves Farm near Swindon, Wilts/Oxfordshire border, is a 400 acre diversified, family run, all grassland farm integrated with a successful Farm Attraction, welcoming around 100,000 visitors per year. All our livestock is reared to supply our own in-house butchery and cafe.
* 55 Pedigree Sussex suckler herd
* 350 breeding ewes in 2 flocks lambing in January and March/April
* 12 Gloucester Old Spot sows and their progeny
The successful applicant:
* will be expected to assist the family partners and work closely with the existing staff team
* he/she will be responsible for the daily management of all livestock, including record keeping
* a good time keeper, quiet with stock, hard working and enthusiastic to develop new skills
* have a good basic knowledge of the day to day jobs on a farm, use their initiative when completing tasks and be enthusiastic
to take on more responsibilities
* Able to drive tractors/forklift/quad and appropriate machinery for a grassland farm and help with routine buildings/surroundings maintenance, woodland
* you will be a key member of our member of our team and training will be provided where necessary
This is intended to be a minimum 2 year post where salary will depend on experience
Typically you will work 40- 45 hour week(9am-5pm Monday-Friday and one weekend morning, but during peak times overtime will be rquired, including night lambing.
There is potential for accommodation, if the successful applicant does not live locally.
Finish: Not Specified
Full UK Driving Licence