Organic Holstein/Freisian herd, milking 350 cows, 3 x times a day in a all year round calving system. The cows are out at grass all summer and buffer fed with a zero-grazer, then inside for the winter and fed a TMR ration.
The cows are milked through a newly installed Boumatic 30:60 Rapid Exit Swingover parlour that utilises AMI milk Meters, ADF and a Northern Dairy Teat scrubber.
Performance: - SCC 105 - Bactoscan 21 - Conception Rate 2.1 - Calving Index 390 - Replacement Rate 24% - 9,000litres a day
Skills required :
- animal husbandry
- aptitude with machinery preferred but happy to train the right person I.e. Straw chopper, scraper tractor, telehandlers
- ability to work quickly and use ones initiative
- ability to work in a team
- a good level of personal hygiene
- a willingness to learn and get stuck in
Finish: Not Specified
Help given to find accommodation
Full UK Driving Licence
We are surrounded by several large towns, so a partner could easily find work.