Our company is growing and we are therefore looking to expand our team through further recruitment. We require an Agricultural Machinery Operative capable of working both independently and in a small team throughout the South of England. Full in-house training will be given on use of specialist Ag-Bag machines. Please note that this role does not involve conventional tractor driving, but assisting with the operation of our bespoke machinery.
We are a small family run business and has been running Agricultural Bagging Machinery for over 30 years. Our specialist workshop premises are based near Okehampton in Devon.
• Applicants must have a full driving licence and must be willing to work away from home for long stretches at a time during our busy season (both instances are an essential requirement)
• Full time role
• Agricultural background and experience (essential requirement)
Applicants with a background of working with an agricultural contracting team or someone with tractor driver experience would be ideal. We work closely with contracting companies of foragers, tractors and trailers so any experience with this type of operation is beneficial.
• Hourly rate, based upon experience, to be discussed at interview
• Basic 40 hour week with extra hours as contracts require (can be up to 75-80 hours per week)
• 28 days annual leave including bank holidays (to be taken outside of busy season)
• Must be based within a commutable distance of Okehampton, as a base
• Must be willing to spend long periods away from home essential requirement
• Discretionary daily overnight inconvenience payment when contract dictates being away from home
• Self employed or PAYE basis considered
During off season you will be based at the company Head Office site address assisting with servicing and repairs of machines and general yard maintenance but, during our busiest times (May Nov), successful candidates will be required to travel to contract locations throughout the U.K.
THIS WILL BE A TEMP to PERM POSITION IN THE FIRST INSTANCE
Finish: Not Specified
40 + overtime
Help given to find accommodation
Full UK Driving Licence
Essential criteria for this role are fluent in English, valid UK driving licence, agricultural background/experience, willingness to stay away from home for long spells.