We are seeking a new recruit to assist us in running our broiler poultry operation growing over 300k chickens each year.
You will join our small family team on our farm. We need team members who understand that farming is a lifestyle and not a 9-5 Monday/Friday job, who can be flexible with their hours and plan their time to get the job done.
We will provide on the job training for the right candidate but experience would be beneficial.
Key requirements of the role are:
- Manage farms to ensure bird welfare is maintained to required standards
- Manage water, feed, ventilation, lighting, and litter to desired standards. Ensuring the highest possible are achieved for the welfare of the birds
- Manage all bio-security on site to required standards
- Communicate with farm manager on performance of birds and ensuring information is provided promptly and accurately.
- Assist with management of contractors on site (such as washers and catchers) and ensure tasks are carried out to expected quality
- Daily flock records to be accurately recorded
- Ensure the site is maintained to a tidy standard
- As this role requires looking after livestock you will need to work some time on the weekend. You will also need to answer alarm calls and manage rectification.
- Attend relevant training where required for this role
- Assist us in other agricultural tasks around the farm where possible.
On site accommodation is provided with this role.
Finish: Not Specified
Farm vehicle provided with job and mobile phone (for alarm use).
3 miles to nearest shop
Full UK Driving Licence
English speaking is essential to the job, this is a permanent role working with a small family farm. Whilst poultry stockman work is the core part of your role you will also be required to help with other tasks on the farm for example; property maintenance, hedge planting in the winter, grass cutting in the summer - as you will know there is always another job to be done on the farm!!