To assist the grain store manager in the smooth running of the grain store prior to and throughout harvest. To take responsibility for farm maintenance over the summer period including ditching, topping of margins and hedge cutting at the appropriate times. Wider estate work during quiet periods maybe required including assisting with a small dairy (not milking) and the forestry department. Main roles include:
- To assist the Grain Store Manager in all grain operations
- Accurate record keeping of grain quality and movements
- Loading and unloading of bulk tipper lorries, a variety of products, using a variety of machinery
- Blowing down grain stores and tidying the yard
- Daily maintenance checks on equipment used
- To comply with the Estates procedures and requirements regarding drying, cleaning, grading and storage operations.
- Ensure the grain store and plant are maintained to a high standard
- Hedge trimming and topping
This job could become permanent for the right person looking to get involved in a traditional working estate and the role will develop as the farming operation on the estate evolves.
Qualifications and Experience:
oFull clean driving license (essential)
oTelehandler licence and experience (essential)
oTractor and trailer experience (essential)
oTractor mounted hedge cutting experience (essential)
oPrevious grain store experience (desirable)
oGood experience of safety operating farm machinery
oGood time management skills.
oHigh levels of flexibility and adaptability
Help given to find accommodation
For the right candidate, a property on the farm can be provided subject to availability and requirements.
Full UK Driving Licence
Please do not apply if you do not have the relevant experience.