Shepherdess/livestock assistant looking for sheep work. Would also be keen to do some milking or work with cows. I am hard working, reliable and a quick learner. I hold a drivers licence and I am confident driving quad bike and trailer.
Full Car Licence
Pig, Sheep, Lambing, Poultry
High awareness for health and safety when operating a ATV and 6 trailer. Paid experience as a grounds-person operating chainsaw. Some experience driving a tractor, defender and livestock trailer and JCB digger.
- Responsible for welfare of up to 1000 mule ewes at lambing time, including solo night time shifts; lambing ewes with difficult births, adopting lambs, tubing lambs, catching sheep and treating foot rot and scald, administering intramuscular and subcutaneous injections to lambs and ewes, ringing and tailing lambs, tagging and worming of ewes.
- Lambing hand with Bluefaced Leicester and Scottish Blackface.
- Effective disease management by regularly disinfecting pens, bedding pens and replacing water feeders.
- Feeding, bedding and administering intramuscular injections to approx. 200 pigs.
- Taking down and erecting electric fences, general wire fence maintenance and repair.
- Weeding and preparing soil, sewing seeds, planting seedlings, harvesting of vegetables, cleaning and upkeep of polytunnels.
- Feeding, mucking out, wing clipping of turkeys and chickens.
Rock climbing, yoga
5''6, 10 stone
03/2010 - present: seasonal lambing assistant every year in Northumberland with up to 1000 mules ewes lambing indoors
03/2021 - lambing assistant for Pedigree Bluefaced Leicester and Scottish Blackface flock.
08/2020 - present - farm assistant at Loxley Valley Community Farm with pigs, chickens, turkeys, vegetables.
02/2019 - present: ad hoc days assisting to vaccinate up to 200 pigs at 12 weeks old.
08/2020 - present: ground worker for precision tree care tree surgery including use of chainsaw on the ground.
Start: 16/06/2021 Finish: Not Specified
South Yorkshire, Derbyshire or Northumberland, Scottish borders