Shepherd/ Seasonal lamber
•Day course by vet
Lambing and care
of the newborn lamb
• I enjoy working and I'm very keen to improve and gain more relevant skills.
Full Car Licence
Dairy, Beef, Sheep, Lambing, Calving, Poultry
-I have a lot of experience with quads and quad trailers.
-I have had some experience driving tractors, keen to get more.
- Putting up and taking down electric sheep and cattle fencing.
- Small dumper.
•I was brought up on a sheep farm and have been very involved from a young age (especially at lambing time). We had 1200 ewes, mostly Cheviot x and Shetlands.
•Worked on 250 cow dairy farm for 6 months during college 2018/2019
• I have been working as contract shepherd for my brother from 2019- present, he has about 1000 ewes and some beef cattle.
•I'm involved with every aspect of the sheep and lamb work, sorting drenching, tagging, shearing, foot trimming, foot bathing, etc.
•I also help out with the beef cattle mainly checking fields, shifting and sorting cows and calves, loading and unloading the stock box and other tasks.
• I have done two seasons lambing on mainland Scotland before our lambing begins in April.
Mostly night shift lambing and one lone outdoor lambing for about 600 ewes, both places have asked me back in coming seasons.
• I don't mind early mornings and long days, and I'm keen to learn any new skills required.
I currently have 2 good working dogs. Please leave a voicemail, if you don't get me.
Enjoy walking. Photography Working with my dogs.
Brought up on sheep farm (1200 breeding ewes)
Have been working with sheep and lambing from early age.
2018-2019 Worked on 250 cow dairy farm.
Working on home farm for older brother. from 2019 to present.
Working at the livestock Marts a few days a week during autumn/winter.
Have done 3 lambings on mainland Scotland, one outdoor, two indoor night shift.
Start: 25/05/2022 Finish: Not Specified