Looking for work in the East Midlands, 24 year old previously worked in equine jobs, some small experience with cattle, sheep (some lambing), pigs and harvest. Passionate for the countryside and happy to turn my hand to anything.
Mainly Arable, Mainly Livestock, Mixed Farming
Full Car Licence
Beef, Pig, Sheep
Volunteered on a mixed arable and livestock farm during harvest. Helped with turning hay and baling hay and straw.
My experience is extensive in equine health and welfare, however was limited during my volunteering, although I helped with day to day feeding of the animals, tagging of the cattle, and checking on the welfare of all the animals.
Walking, reading, travelling, skiing and socialising.
5'6", 65kg, ginger hair, fair skin , good with suncream and a cap!
Head Groom on Stud farm: Part-time June 2015, Full-time February 2019 – Present
Working at an established showjumper and coach completing all yard tasks to a high standard, leading and developing an inexperienced team.
• Exercising and care of all horses on the yard, including young stock, family ponies and retired horses to competition standard.
• Essential care and maintenance of the yard on quieter days, organising, tidying and spring cleaning! As well as packing for international shows and preparation of the horse boxes and horses themselves.
• Handling and training of young stock, from foals to 4yrs, teaching manners, exposing them to routine and introducing situations they will meet in the years to come.
• Progressing the younger members of staff, guiding and mentoring them towards their future goals, maintaining that rules are followed, and tasks correctly completed.
• Organising and preparing for competitions abroad, dealing with vets, farriers, feed suppliers, farm suppliers have developed my people skills and practicality.
Start: 09/04/2020 Finish: Not Specified
Preferably within 30miles of home LE15.