Experienced lambing / calving assistants Adam and Marta are looking for a seasonal work.
We have experience in lambing / calving (indoor and outdoor) on Scottish, Polish and German farms.
Adam has experience in lambing and calving.
Marta has experience in lambing and feeding calves.
Full Car Licence
Goat, Sheep, Lambing, Calving
Quad bike experience and some basic tractor experience.
Our skills include:
* preparing the ewes
* proper feeding and management
* obserwing the lambing ewes to see that birth is successful and assisting if any problem occur
* care of ewes and newborn lambs (moving to individual pens, checking ewe's udder, getting colostrum, suplementing, tubing if necessary, disinfecting navels etc.)
* feeding, bedding, watering ewes
* feeding pet lambs, fostering lambs onto ewes
* catching, handling sheep
* additionally Adam can: injecting, docking, castrating, hoof trimming, drenching, recognize basic diseases, connect a medical drip etc.
We (Marta and Adam) are a couple with friendly dog. We are from Poland and live in a small village in Carpathian Mountains (the telephone range is sometimes bad so easier for us is an email). We are enthusiast of animals. We are interested in the subject of farming and animals welfare and have attention to detail and hygiene. We are mobile, we have a car. Both are good, save drivers. We are hard workers, responsible, committed, fit, enthusiastic and are able to work independently.
Ski touring, bicycling, hiking (both). Playing the guitar and harmonica (Adam). Sculpting (Marta)
We have got experience on Polish farms 150-600 ewes, on Scottish farm with an indoor and an outdoor flocks (lambing, 600 ewes, calving, 150 cows), German ecological dairy farm and German sheep farm with 800 ewes.
Start: 29/01/2021 Finish: Not Specified
On a farm