- Farmers and Employers - Looking for Staff
- Placing an Advertisement Online
- Buying a CV
- How to Place an Advertisement
- Browsing and Buying CVs
- People Looking for Work
The system works best by placing a job advertisement online. To do this you need to register, if you have not already done so. “Farmer Register” http://www.4xtrahands.com/farmer_registration.php.
Having registered you can now put in the details of your job requirements. Fill in as many boxes as possible. The more details you give about the type of work, hours, accommodation and local facilities – the better.
Once you are happy with the job detail you can “Submit Job” and move on to the payment page. You can pay by card or cheque or if you are a member of a buying group or have any questions, take the third option and we will contact you. The advert paid by cheque will not go online until the cheque is cleared.
Paid, advertisements are checked and added to the Job List. Employers names, addresses or phone numbers are not visible or given to job applicants.
Applications for your job will arrive by email and should include their name, CV information, referee’s name and contact details. (Sometimes they will go into your spam folder – Please check it regularly)
Your Job Advert is current for a month and in that time you can request up to 10 free CVs.
If you go to the CV list – http://www.4xtrahands.com/list_cvs.php You can browse through the list of people looking for work. Open up the CV by clicking the red “More Information” link on the right of the CV Page.
If any CVs look suitable for your job, then simply send us the CV ref. number. You can use the Contact link at the top of the page. This is free if you have a current job advert online.
You can buy a CV directly off the CV list and receive his/her contact detail immediately. To do this you need to register: “Farmer Register” http://www.4xtrahands.com/farmer_registration.php.
Go to the CV page. http://www.4xtrahands.com/list_cvs.php.
Open up the CV by clicking the red “More Information” link on the right of the CV Page. If you wish to purchase the CV, click the Add to Basket link at the bottom of the CV.
You do not have to pay if you have a current job advert online. Simply send CV numbers to email@example.com
Cost - Payment by Banker's Card
Advertisement 1st month £98 + VAT = £117.60
Cost - Payment by Cheque
Advertisement 1st month £110 + VAT = £132
CVs - Banker's Card Only
£34 + VAT = £40.80
Prices for Australia, New Zealand and Mainland Europe. Please note the currency conversion will be processed automatically on your banker's card at current rates.
- Register (log in if previously registered)
- Complete the job advertisement form.
- Click on the 'submit a job' button at the top of the page
- Click you payment preference.
- Enter your details if paying by card and submit.
PO Box 423
Bury St Edmunds
VAT Number: 787 1056 08
- Advertisements paid for by banker's card will be posted online within 24 hours of receipt. Cheque payment advertisements will appear when the Cheque is paid in.
- You will be emailed a VAT invoice for your records.
- To purchase applicants details you will need to register.
- Browse the CVs. Click on as many as you wish to purchase.
- Complete card payment details.
- On receipt of payment the email address of the applicant will be dispatched by e-mail.
- It's then up to you to contact individuals.
Please note: The vast majority of our clients place a job advertisement.
We cannot guarantee that the owner of the CV will want to work for you.
Free service for applicants
Looking for a job - wanting to work?
You can look through the Job List at any time, but to apply for jobs you must register or log in, if previously registered..
- Please register as a worker go to http://www.4xtrahands.com/hand_registration.php
- Make sure your contact details are correct
- Please complete the Resume/CV form truthfully
- Do not just tick the boxes, fill in the information – What can you do on a tractor. What type of parlour have you milked in?
- Include information about your self – Do you play any sport, what hobbies do you have.
- Check you have filled in the licence box correctly.
- Speak to your referee before you fill in their name.
- You can upload your own CV and a photo in the area provided, but you must fill in the boxes manually.
- A full CV, a referee and honest answers impress employers. Empty boxes will not!
When you have up loaded your CV and clicked – ‘Submit CV’ you be taken to a Welcome Page
3 boxes at the bottom
‘Save Changes’ - ‘Edit CV’ - ‘Apply for jobs’ - Click on this tab
You can only apply for jobs if you are registered and logged in!
Chose the job you wish to apply for. Open up the ‘More Information’ red link on the right.
Below the job description is a space for you to tell the farmer more about yourself. Use it!
Then click ‘Apply’.
It is up to you to apply for jobs. You may apply for as many as you wish. Your CV will be sent directly to the advertiser.
Your CV details will be edited and then be posted for employers to browse. Employers interested in you will make contact via your e-mail address or phone.
There is a demand for experienced seasonal and permanent labour on farms around the world.
The Northern season runs from May to November. The shortage is most acute in Britain and mainland Europe from July - October.
Farmers also require other skills:
- Turkey pluckers - December.
- Lambing Assistants – January to April.
- Shearers – May to July.
- From November to April Southern Hemisphere Farms are looking for similar help. It is possible to work in Europe and then the Southern Hemisphere.
New Zealand's prospering Dairy Industry has a great demand for experienced Herdsmen. All farm skills are needed; operating complex machinery, livestock duties and manual work.
Competent people who have experience with machinery and show initiative are in great demand. There is always the opportunity to work long hours with paid overtime during very busy periods (harvest, haymaking, drilling and lambing).